Welcome to our first masterclass in Stained Glass Copper Foiling!
What You Will Learn
This is a workshop for beginner to intermediate students interested in the art and process of copper foil stained glass objects. Students will learn basic skills for working with flat glass like cutting, grinding, copper foil and solder. This class will also discuss simple stained glass design and be centred around making an object you want to have displayed in your home. Never worked in glass before? Join us in making your first-ever stained glass object!
These works are not suitable for exterior or architectural use.
You can find more about Kelsie here: https://softshapes.me/about
Duration and Place
Duration: 3 weeks, one session per week - a total of 4.5 hours
Please note that classes may be slightly longer or shorter depending on student questions.
- Learn a brief history of stained glass and glass storytelling
- Learn about all the different types of glass
- Design object or panel
- Learn how to use glass tools to cut glass
- Learn cold working skills
- Learn to copper foil, solder and clean pieces.
- Simple 3D objects
How it Works:
- The course is made up of three live and interactive online sessions using the Zoom platform. You will find the zoom link via the week chapters in the navigation panel.
- Kelsie will give a step-by-step tutorial with demonstrations, and you will have ample opportunity to ask her questions during the live class
- Each week they will demonstrate a technique for you to try between sessions
- A member of the Glass School team will also be in the Zoom class to assist you and Kelsie
- Mix with Kelsie and other students on our dedicated community page, open for the duration of the course. Then join our exclusive Glass UK Online Glass Community Facebook group to continue to mix with those who have attended any of our online masterclasses
- A materials list is provided in the course navigation panel, so you can purchase what you need to create your pieces during the course. You don’t need absolutely everything on this list to be successful, Kelsie will discuss different ways to reach our technical goals
We believe that this is the best way to get the very most from the course, but if this doesn’t suit you that’s fine: - If you can’t get to your studio, you can still learn the techniques and benefit from Kelsie's extensive knowledge without making the pieces during the course itself.
This is a live online masterclass, but in case a student experiences issues with internet connection during the live class, a recording of each live session will be available to view until two weeks after the final session. This cannot be downloaded or shared and is only available for this limited time. By participating you agree to be recorded for this purpose.
These recordings will be available in the course navigation panel.
What to Prepare
- You will need a computer, tablet, or phone with a camera and microphone in order to join the online classroom. If you are unfamiliar with using Zoom then please take some time to look at our guide, available in the navigation panel.
- You should have a reliable internet connection, fast enough to make video calls or stream videos
- Please read the Student Participation Agreement
- Ensure that you have checked the materials list and purchased any materials you may require
- A pen and paper to take any notes.
- We restrict the class size to 25 people
- We teach using Bullseye Glass (CoE90)
We are committed to maintaining a respectful community where all our students can learn and develop their full potential, within a safe environment.
If you have a disability or any specific requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your lesson so we can accommodate you.
*Price excluding VAT is £112.50. The correct tax will be calculated at checkout based on your location.
Cancellations up to 2 weeks before the course receive a 90% refund, after that date, a 50% refund will be given up to one week prior to the course, and no refund is given for cancellations after this time. In order to keep class costs low for all, we make no exceptions to this policy. In order to cancel your place on the course please contact [email protected]
You Made It!