Follow Catherine Dunstan's step-by-step guide to discover the world of Traditional Stained Glass.
A lifetime access course, you can watch as many times as you like, for as long as you like.
Welcome to the Glass School's Learn At Your Own Pace Education! Learn from the comfort of your own home or studio via our step-by-step videos. Here we are showing a course for Traditional Stained Glass.
In this Learn At Your Own Pace Course, you will learn the traditional craft of stained glass from scratch. This technique that was developed in 1300s with the construction of cathedrals and churches, where stained glass windows were made as focal points for worship. A lot of the traditional tools and processes are still used today.
Learn how to design and create templates for stained glass panels, and discover how to choose and cut your glass, lead your panel, solder the joins, cement the piece and polish to finish.
Starter templates will be provided for those who would prefer to begin with one. It is often advised to complete a template specially designed for stained glass before designing your own, so that you have first-hand understanding of the challenges and opportunities of designing with lead lines.
20 videos, 1 hour 42 minutes
This new course will cover all the techniques needed to discover the potential of Traditional Stained Glass techniques:
- How to design and draw templates for stained glass panels
- How to cut glass to a template
- Identifying different types of lead, how to choose them and use them in your design
- Choosing solder and soldering your lead joins
- Cementing, polishing and finishing a panel
- Advise on measuring and installation
- Understanding of traditional stained glass methods and the practical applications
- A stained glass panel using the provided templates
- Skills learned to design and construct a stained glass panel of your own design
This is an All-Levels class aimed at beginners or those who are new to stained glass methods.
What to Prepare:
- You will need a computer, tablet, or phone in order to watch the course.
- Ensure that you have checked the materials list and purchased any materials you may require
- A pen and paper to take any notes.
- We teach using Bullseye Glass (CoE90)
We are committed to maintaining a respectful community where all our students can learn and develop their full potential, within a safe environment.
*Price excluding VAT is £50. The correct tax will be calculated at checkout based on your location.
Given the nature of this product, it is non-refundable. For further questions please contact us at [email protected]
Simple Stained Glass Templates
Stained Glass Course Templates
Tools and Materials
Stained Glass Templates