Glass School is part of the Creative Revolution Group comprised of Warm Glass and Hot Clay, unified by the defining mission to make the world a more creative place. This year the Creative Revolution Group was awarded B Corporation certification and we at the Glass School are proud to be playing our role in reducing carbon emissions in the world of art glass.
Creative Revolution was awarded B Corp certification on Earth Day in 2022, qualifying with a score of 97.3 which we couldn't be happier about!
B Corp is a global certification that assesses a business based on its environmental and social performance. We began the process as we wanted to make a commitment to balancing profit with a commitment to supporting people and the planet. As a company, we already had a lot of great values in place, but gaining our B Corp certification pushed us to reach the highest standards of environmental and social impact.
Moreover, we are championing the "Low Carbon Studio” project where artists can learn about reducing their own studio footprint.
But, it doesn't stop there!
Our commitment is Net Zero by 2025
Now that many aspects of our business are Carbon Neutral, our next target is Net Zero Emissions across all operations within the Creative Revolution Group by 2025.
Here is what we have been working on so far.
- 94% of our void-fill packaging is recycled and recyclable, including cardboard from local businesses and suppliers
- 100% of our frit jars are reused or made with post-consumer plastic sourced from oceans and river beds
- We reduced our plastic packaging by 95% since 2018
- We reuse packaging from suppliers and have actively worked with suppliers to reduce plastics
- We conducted a team waste audit in 2021 and introduced new waste policies, reducing our landfill waste by 76% (compared to the previous six months)
- Our recycled waste collection has increased from 7.5% to 72.6% (2020-21 to 2021-22)
- Our product range is designed to minimise any waste, such as Bullseye Glass Variety Offcuts
- Our facilities now use 100% renewable electricity and carbon-offset gas.
- We generate our own renewable energy with solar panels. In our first week, we generated enough power for 88 full fuse firings!
- We have reduced our total gas usage by 19.4% (compared to 2020-21)
- We have reduced our total electricity usage by 11.4% (compared to 2020-21)
Our journey doesn't stop here.
We have exciting plans to produce our first Impact Report, create our Net Zero Carbon targets and continue improving sustainability throughout our business and supply chains, whilst helping to make the world a more creative place.
Equally, we are always grateful to hear from our customers with any other ideas or messages of support. So please feel free to get in touch.